Regional Sales Specialist
xSEL Labs offers best-in-class social and emotional learning (SEL) assessments. Our assessments provide our school and district partners the data they need to measure student SEL competencies, conditions of learning (school climate), and program effectiveness. We support a diverse group of students and educators across the country. We are committed to ensuring that our products, services, and organizational culture support equity and inclusiveness. To honor that diversity, we are committed to building our assessment products with increasing input from diverse communities, and, as we grow, hiring and seeking input from colleagues who reflect diverse backgrounds. xSEL Labs is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a Regional Sales Specialist at xSEL Labs, you naturally share in our passion for education and student social and emotional development. In this role, you will join our growing Sales team and expand awareness and demand for our high-quality assessments, advocate for our solutions, and help educate a wide array of school administrators on how and why xSEL Labs will help improve student outcomes and teacher success.
What you’ll do…
- General prospecting – Identify, research, engage, and qualify prospective accounts by proactively contacting school district administrators about xSEL Labs through hot, warm, and cold calling.
- Schedule and facilitate discovery meetings and sales presentations.
- Own a quota, the consultative sales cycle, and a sales opportunity pipeline.
- Maintain opportunity tracking in CRM (salesforce).
- Collaborate cross-functionally with service and marketing teams for special assignments and customer growth opportunities.
What you’ll bring…
- Over one year’s experience of working in a sales environment (required), ideally in a software or in a consultative role within the K-12 education space (highly preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High-energy and a positive attitude
- Natural curiosity and empathy for the challenges that public school educators face
- Demonstrated ability to successfully collaborate with colleagues in order to achieve a sales quota
- Demonstrated understanding of consultative sales processes and strategies
- Ability to quickly learn, adapt and think analytically
- Experience managing prospective targets through a CRM (Salesforce, preferred)
- Professional phone skills (must feel very comfortable making telephone calls and pitching over the telephone)
A typical day in this role includes…
- Prospecting for leads by identifying school districts who are actively engaged in implementing an SEL initiative.
- Initiating many prospecting calls and emails to school leaders to determine if they have interest in xSEL Labs’ assessment solutions.
- Participating in and leading a discussion with potential customers about their social and emotional learning initiatives and offering a demo of xSEL Labs’ assessments.
- Crafting and sending quotes and proposals.
- Closing deals.
You can expect…
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Work alongside colleagues who love to learn and grow
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Generous paid vacation policy
- Opportunities for professional growth
Please submit your contact information and resume below.
Work with teammates who value the importance of diversity, equity, and belonging
We are committed to ensuring that our products, services, and organizational culture support equity and inclusiveness. To honor that diversity, we are committed to building our assessment products with increasing input from diverse communities, and, as we grow, hiring and seeking input from colleagues who reflect diverse backgrounds. xSEL Labs is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.