xSEL Labs offers best-in-class social and emotional learning (SEL) assessments. Our assessments are designed to work with any SEL program and to provide our district partners with the data they need to measure student competencies, the conditions of learning, and program effectiveness. We support a diverse group of students and educators across the country. We are committed to ensuring that our products, services, and organizational culture support equity and inclusiveness. To honor that diversity, we are committed to building our assessment products with increasing input from diverse communities, and, as we grow, hiring and seeking input from colleagues who reflect diverse backgrounds. xSEL Labs is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a Sales Specialist at xSEL Labs, you naturally share in our passion for education and student social and emotional development. In this role, you will join our growing Sales team and expand awareness and demand for our high-quality assessments, advocate for our solutions, and help educate a wide array of school administrators as to how and why xSEL Labs will help improve student outcomes and teacher success.
What you’ll do…
- Identify, research, engage, and qualify prospective accounts
- Customize and execute prospecting campaigns (calls/emails, etc.)
- Schedule and facilitate discovery meetings and sales presentations
- Collaborate with sales team to provide quotes and proposals
- Own opportunities at all stages of the consultative sales cycle
- Close sales opportunities
- Own a quota and sales pipeline
- Maintain opportunity tracking in CRM
What you’ll bring…
- 1-2 years of experience in sales at a B2G or B2B technology or service-oriented company
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Working knowledge of modern CRM and other Sales tech applications (Salesforce.com, Zoom, Slack, G-Suite, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High-energy, positive attitude, and strong desire to improve through coaching
- Natural curiosity and empathy for the challenges that educators face
- Ability to successfully collaborate with colleagues in order to achieve a sales quota
- Experience working in or with educational technology and/or assessment
- Proven success selling SaaS through consultative sales processes
- Working knowledge of Account-Based Selling techniques
This is a good job for you if have…
- Understanding of basic sales and negotiation and marketing
- Ability to quickly learn, adapt and think analytically
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
- Experience working in/with public school systems (preferred)
- Experience managing targets through a CRM
- Professional phone skills
- Ability to close sales through an extended sales cycle
A typical day in this role includes…
- Prospecting for leads by identifying school districts who are actively engaged in implementing an SEL initiative.
- Initiating many prospecting calls and emails to school leaders to determine if they have interest in xSEL Labs’ assessment solutions.
- Developing and sending email campaigns to potential customers.
- Participating in and leading a discussion with potential customers about their social and emotional learning initiatives and offering a demo of xSEL Labs’ assessments.
- Crafting and sending quotes and proposals.
- Closing deals.
You can expect…
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Work alongside colleagues who love to learn and grow
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid vacation
Please submit your contact information and resume below.
Work with teammates who value the importance of diversity, equity, and belonging
We are committed to ensuring that our products, services, and organizational culture support equity and inclusiveness. To honor that diversity, we are committed to building our assessment products with increasing input from diverse communities, and, as we grow, hiring and seeking input from colleagues who reflect diverse backgrounds. xSEL Labs is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.